Valentine’s Day is celebrated all over the world, and Canada is no exception. Each year, Canadians come together to celebrate love and friendship on February 14th.
Valentine’s Day is a time for love and romance, so it only makes sense that the holiday celebrates these feelings! Canadians celebrate this special day by giving each other gifts and being there for one another.
The popularity of Valentine’s Day in Canada is that on the day, everyone gets to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the year, relax and spend it with those they love.
What Makes Valentine’s Day in Canada Unique?
While some of the traditional customs of Valentine’s Day are similar across cultures, certain aspects make celebrating Valentine’s Day in Canada unique.
From special traditions to interesting facts about this holiday, let’s take a look at what makes Valentine’s Day in Canada a special day for everyone, let’s discuss here:
1) The most popular Canadian Valentine’s Day card is the red paper heart. There are no equivalent American cards in Canada, not even cards created by individual stores.
2) Canadians celebrate their country’s day of love on a Monday instead of a Friday. This means that there’s no need to make up an excuse to get out of work or school on Friday, and the date falls on a day when people are more likely to have time off from school or work. This also removes any potential disappointment from your loved one if you say you’re going to do something on Valentine’s Day that you can’t do.
3) Canadians tend to celebrate their women more than men. Women receive the majority of flowers, chocolates, and cards
4) In Canada, Valentine’s Day is known as “St.Valentine’s Day.
5) Canadians also tend to use Valentine’s Day as a day to take care of other people in their lives.
A Brief History of Valentine’s Day in Canada
Around the middle of the nineteenth century, widespread publicity for Valentine’s Day helped familiarise the concept of the holiday with the general public. At this time, it was especially popular, initially in the United States and subsequently in Canada.
Initially, this was an effort by industrialists and card and paper lace producers to raise awareness of their wares. People went to great lengths to express their affection for their significant others, and the event grew into something far larger than anyone had anticipated.
When two people in Canada first fell in love, it was common practice for them to give each other handwritten letters and paintings. This practice has mostly been supplanted by the more modern customs of sending greeting cards and electronic communications.
It’s a national holiday celebrated with parties and balls where couples can celebrate to their hearts’ content. In a way, this event serves as a chance for the locals to declare their eternal devotion to their significant others.
There are gifts of flowers, chocolates, and sweets, and everyone is in a good mood. It’s not just adults who celebrate Valentine’s Day with their significant others; kids do it as well.
Young Canadians celebrate Valentine’s Day by exchanging presents with their friends. There are Valentine’s Day parties planned in many local schools, and the kids are invited to bring in their handmade cards to share with their classmates.
Unique Activities for Couples to Enjoy on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day in Canada is a special time of year that offers unique activities and experiences to enjoy. From romantic dinners to outdoor ice skating, there are plenty of ways to show your love and appreciation for your partner. Here are 10 unique activities that make Valentine’s Day in Canada truly special, these are:
1. Picking up your partner from work and carrying them on your back for the rest of the day, or carrying a backpack with them while they carry yours is an easy way to show you care.
2. Enjoying a sunset in front of a frozen lake is an unforgettable experience.
3. After carrying some groceries, you might notice that your partner feels light and carries their weight like they are not so burdened.
4. A candlelit dinner with wine or champagne is always the perfect way to celebrate love.
5. Go on a romantic walk by the ocean or in the mountains. Take photos and make love! Enjoy a picnic of delicious food, and make love on top of something soft like blankets, coats, or pillows.
6. You can wash your partner in the bathtub with a nice scented soap and bubble bath or just show them how much you care by rubbing their back or using gentle hands!
7. If your partner has tired feet, they can make it feel amazing with a foot massage!
8. If you have the time, you can give your partner a full body massage with lotion and oils!
9. If you are feeling playful, then try Nude cuddling out!
10. Be open about what’s going on for you and don’t hold anything back from each other when it comes to talking about feelings or issues that come up in your relationship.
Fun Ways Families Can Celebrate Valentine’s Day Together
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion for families to come together and celebrate the love shared between them. The memories you make will be with you forever. There are many fun and family-friendly activities that families can do together on Valentine’s Day. From baking heart-shaped cookies to having a family movie night, there are so many creative ways to make the day special for everyone in the family. In this article, we will explore some of the best ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day with your loved ones.
1. Make a time capsule:
If you’re looking for something a little more sentimental, consider making a time capsule that you can treasure forever. You could fill it with letters, pictures, or other memorabilia to show how much you care about the person who will find it when the year comes again and all of your memories become new again.
2. . Make a doomsday kit
If you’re the type who likes to plan, then consider making a doomsday kit for your loved ones. Some examples of items you may want to include in your doomsday kit are extra batteries, water, canned food (enough for two weeks), first aid supplies, and other emergency items. You can also make sure that any important documents or information are saved in a separate box or envelope as well.
3. Write letters
If writing notes is just not your thing, consider sending pre-planned emails or postcards so that they will be waiting when they open their mailbox on their first day of class.
4. Make a poster
If you’re feeling crafty, then consider creating a visual reminder of all the dates and deadlines that they’ll need to be aware of. Just like with postcards, make these reminders easy to spot in their inbox by placing them at the top or bottom of their calendar for quick reference.
5. Plan a date night
Whether you’re celebrating valentine’s day or just need to get out of the house, set up a date. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant, but if you can schedule time for each other on the calendar it will show your partner that they are worth your time and attention.
6. Buy your partner a gift
If you’ve been dating for a while, it becomes difficult to find the perfect one-time gift that shows your partner how much you care about them. Take the time and make sure they have something special for future special occasions.
Popular Gifts & Traditions Canadians enjoy on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a special day for Canadians to express their love and appreciation for those close to them. For many, the most popular way to celebrate this special day is by exchanging traditional Canadian gifts such as flowers, chocolates, and other thoughtful items.
Additionally, there are many unique traditions that Canadians enjoy on Valentine’s Day, from romantic dinners to heartfelt cards. In this article, we will explore some of the most popular gifts and traditions that Canadians enjoy on Valentine’s Day. These are:
- Toy hearts.
- Flowers, especially red roses.
- Teddy bears.
- Clothing ( also including red lingerie for women)
- Vacation trip tickets or coupons
- Candlelit Dinner
- Organize a private room with Valentine’s Day special decor